DEPARTMENT OF RASA SHASTRA & BHAISHAJYA KALPANA
Rasashastra means the “Science of Mercury” which is also known as Indian Alchemy or Iatrochemistry. Bhaishajya Kalpana is the pharmaceutical department dealing with various types of medicinal preparations, their formulations, dosage etc. Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana (Iatrochemistry and Ayurvedic Pharmaceutics) is the unique branch of Ayurveda, deals with the selection and collection of genuine raw drugs, different processing / Samskaras, preparation of different herbal, herbo-mineral, metallic formulations; with their therapeutic indications, dose, anupana, pathya-apathya etc. in detail. Department of Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana mainly deal with the pharmacognosy, drug standardization & pharmaceutical aspects (Oushadha Nirmana) of Ayurveda.
Features of departmental:
- Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana Laboratory
- Departmental Museum with Rare Specimen
- Departmental Library
- Quality Control Lab
- Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana Pharmacy with latest machinery
- Puta & Kupipakva Vibhaga
- Updated and scientific Charts and Models
Objective of Department:
- To develop next generation Ayurvedacharyas in preparation of deferent formulations viz, Rasaushadhis, Herbal formulations and various range of Ayurvedic formulations as per Shastras.
- Training Ayurvedic students in collection of herbs, preparation of formulations and their subsequent standardization.
- Developing research attitude for obtaining optimum skill in the field of Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana.